Furnishing! (3/27/18)

by - April 21, 2018

Furnishing! (3/27/18)

So day 2 of my new home.  My lease car isn't slotted to arrive until April 4th.  So in the meantime I'm completely reliant for rides and/or walking.  My home is off Route 4, which is like a main road in Iwate, but not Ninohe.  I'm slightly detached from the main section of Ninohe, not much but just enough that what is a 5-10 minute drive is a 30-45 minute walk.  Luckily, there's this Nicoa Shopping Center here, which has a large grocery store, a 100-yen store (essentially a dollar store), and some other various shops.  This shopping center is a 5 minute walk from my house!  So I go down to get some very basic things like groceries, and other basics like a plate, bowl, chopsticks, and towels from the 100 yen store.


Later, Ethan had arrived a few days before me and been shown around a bit by the IC since on his first day he didn't do all the registration stuff.  He also had a car.  So he took me to go more grocery shopping and go to the Home Center, which is as it sounds, a store for all your home needs.  All in all, I spent 56,000¥ today which is over $500.   My home had been furnished with a rental fridge, washing machine, small tray/chair, and a bare futon.  So I had to go out and get a lot of just everyday small things which added up real quick.  I got a rice cooker for over $100 which I don't think was the best deal, but it was immediately accessible and I needed to eat.  I was also unsure of exactly what was in my area or when I'd have a car again.

He later showed me this cool park near his house.  There's this massive river flowing through Ninohe, and I think Iwate, which is just beautiful to see.  There's also a row of trees which may or may not be Sakura.  Hope to see those when the time comes!

All in all, it was an exhausting day, and I think I'm getting sick.


You May Also Like

0 comments